Saturday, January 26, 2013

Of wood and roses

I have begun working on a cowl I pictured up last week. Here you've got the sketch of the design, complete with designed outfit:


~~~

The cowl will be crocheted- here you can see the preliminary motifs for it, crocheted yesterday and today:


 
The motif that appears to be slightly larger was the "guinea pig" motif, so to speak- poor thing was frogged and ripped back I don't know how many times.  The yarn is good- Debbie Bliss Blue Faced Leicester Aran. It feels like a DK while working, but as you can see it's most definitely an aran- and so soft!

~~~
Edit 1 February, 2015: pattern is live and downloadable for $3.00 USD at http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/rosewood-cowl.
~~~
There's already a pattern page on Ravelry for this cowl at http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/rosewood-cowl, though of course I have to finish designing this darling before I can add a pattern. ;) It'll likely be $2.00 USD, and I'll be looking for pattern testers once I get to the "just need to weave in loose ends" point. If you're interested in testing, leave a Ravelry comment saying so! Don't worry about commitment- I'll contact anyone who does comment before, to see if they still want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment